The course addresses the mechanical and structural aspects of the skeletal system and it focused on the fundamental topics of orthopaedic biomechanics.
The course is subdivided in the following five parts:
1. The Musculoskeletal System: anatomy and function of the main structures
2. Loads and Motion in the Musculoskeletal System: static and dynamics analysis and joint stability
3. Tissue Mechanics: Bone and Soft tissue
4. Structural Analysis of Musculoskeletal Systems
5. Functional adaptation of the skeleton: Bone remodeling theory and models, measurement and model of bone and soft tissues properties, Musculoskeletal modeling
6. Biomechanics of the main joint othe human body (hip, knee, spine, ankle,...)