The "Embedded Electronics" research unit is active in the field of embedded systems design and implementation.
An embedded system is any object containing electronics/microelectronics (and the associated embedded software) in order to better fulfill its core function. Application domains are extremely wide and include:
- telecom and multimedia devices
- industrial devices
- power electronics devices
- transport and logistics
- biomedical devices
- software-defined radios
Embedded systems offer the difficult challenge of adressing severe and multiple constraints using limited resources.
- multi-processor System-on-Chips with real-time operating systems (MPSoC/RTOS)
- algorithm/architecture adequation using system-level design flows
- 3D-IC design enablement and optimization
- software-defined radio application and prototyping
- control of power electronics devices