[Automatic Systems 4] Connecting barriers to cloud
Automatic Systems has an extensive portfolio of barriers as shown on AS website. The main project objective is to show the competitive advantages that an IP-connected barrier will bring. A proof-of-concept will be developed to show what data could be collected and how these data could be used to improve the barrier maintenance.
The main work packages are:
- Research applicable WAN technologies (SigFox, LoraWAN, ZigBee…) and select the most suitable one.
- Develop a modem board: all barriers, manufactured by Automatic Systems, use a CPU board based on a CORTEX M3 microcontroller. The modem must be an extension board. Schematic and board layout must be done. Prototype boards will be manufactured by Automatic Systems.
- Integrate the modem with the barrier SW. This SW is written in C and is running on freeRTOS. An embedded IP stack is already included.
- Design an antenna design and integrate it in one barrier.
- Develop the test plan and particularly the EMC/EMI test plan. EMC/EMI tests will be realized in a certified lab.
- Development of an application for data collection and processing