I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Brussels, Belgium and from the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium in 2011, and my M.Sc degree in Electrical Engineering from ULB in 2007.
From 2007 to 2011 I worked as an F.R.S.-F.N.R.S. research fellow at the OPERA Department, ULB. From 2011 to 2013, I was with the Wireless Communications and Sensornets Lab at the University of California, Santa Barbara as a post-doctoral research scholar. From 2013 to 2015, I was with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. In 2016 I joined the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) as an Assistant Professor. I was granted the Alcatel-Lucent Bell Scientific Award 2012 for most innovative thesis in ICT in Belgium in 2012. I also received the WoWMoM 2012 conference best demo award and the EuCAP 2009 best propgation poster paper award. I am an active member in the European COST IRACON action, and during my thesis I participated to the COST 2100 action.
The focus of my research lies on implementing new techiques and methods in signal processing on hardware testbeds, thereby identifying and solving the challenges that occur when going from theory to implementation. One huge game-changers in recent years has been the widespread adoption of software-defined radios (SDR), which have really opened a new array of opportunities in RF signal processing.
More information is available on my personal website.
- Host controller for real-time radio spectrum scanner - Academic promoter
- Obstacle detection for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles using GNSS shadowing - Academic promoter
- Precise localization of robotic platforms using ultra-wideband tags - Academic promoter
- Real-time obstacle detection for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles - Academic promoter
- Robotic wireless networks: autonomous robot placement for indoor WiFi networks - Academic promoter
- Wireless UAV networks: providing wireless coverage to ground units - Academic promoter