Jean-Claude Maun was the Dean of the Ecole polytechnique de Bruxelles (2010-2014). He is full professor and director of the Department BEAMS (Bio, Electrical and Mechanical Systems), where he is leading the group Electrical Energy (around 15 researchers). His teaching activity is dealing with applied electricity, power systems and energy market management. He is active in research on power system protection relay design and wide-area monitoring (for Siemens), power system dynamic state and security estimation, Smart City Blocks (GdF Suez) and probabilistic criteria for electrical grid planning and operation (ELIA). He is Emeritus Member of the French SEE.
- Evaluation of the future adequacy of the Belgian power system and evaluation of the flexibility needs and the reserve requirements - Academic promoter
- Particle Swarm Optimization applied to Campus Microgrid - Academic promoter
- Ultra-high speed line protection algorithms performance evaluation for Directional Element - Academic promoter
- [ECA2] Identifying specific electrical appliances in the global house consumption - Academic promoter
- [HEMS 1] Smart Charging of Electric Vehicles and Heat Pumps using Stochastic Optimization - Academic promoter
- [HEMS 2] Combining heat pumps and electric vehicles to help integrating renewable sources in the distribution grid - Academic promoter